Sunday, May 13, 2012

Things I learned from my Mommie

All of Us at Mommie's 50th Birthday Party
On this Mother's Day I want to take a moment to thank my mother, Elsie A. Blankson, for all that she has done.  She is an amazing woman, who single-handedly took care of the four of us, and we NEVER wanted for anything.  If I may say so myself, we all came out pretty well.  As a mother myself now, I can relate to many of the things she taught us that didn't quite register at the time.  As a mother you want to provide for, teach, protect, and love your kids.  She did that and more for us, and we Love an Appreciate you Mother.  You are GREAT!!!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU AND ALL MOMMIES!!!
A Young, Fly Elsie
IN honor of my Mommie, here are the Things I Learned from MY MOMMIE.  : ) <3


1. A lady never leaves home looking good, while her house is a mess
2. Children learn what they live
3. "Do as I say, not as I do."
4. Don't have your school calling me!
5. C's are unacceptable in HER house
6. As long as you live under (her) roof......
7. Always be present AND on time
8. Don't burn your bridges
9. Travel, and experience different things.
10. Get the best education you can; no one can ever take that away from you.
11. A lady doesn't curse. (still working on that one)
12. Smoking is gross
13. Always wear nice underwear; you never know if you might have to go to the hospital.
14. Always tell someone where u are
15. I give you the world, so any man you meet would have to exceed that
16. Always respect yourself
17. Never a lender or borrower be
18. Do not lend things you can't afford to never get back
19. Don't buy things you can't afford to pay for in cash (or pay right off). SAVE!
20. You won't always be that size (boy was that the truth)
21. Do not keep carrying that baby & letting her sleep in your bed. (Of course I didn't listen)
22. It's what you know, but it's also who you know.  Network!!! (she's the Queen of this)
23. You gotta know how to cook
24. Men don't respect loose ladies.
25. Roll down your windows & save your gas. (Not one of my favorites, LOL)
26. Always have a book to read
27. If u can stay out late on Sat, u can wake up and go to Church on Sunday
28. God will provide!!!
29. Know your 4 C's (the only C's she accepts) LOL

30.  Be FAB (you deserve it)


My Mommie at Babie Onassis' delivery

I might not say it aloud, but my Mommie knew best.   : )
I LOVE YOU MOTHER.
Me & Mommie March 2012
Mom's favorite quote
The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night.   Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth


Mom's favorite song for her children
If I Could, by Regina Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment